Rotate my Block
>> Monday, May 23, 2011
Rotate my Block is my entry for Doodler's Anonymous' Showcase #9 which is about a calendar draw for the Month of June 2012.
Inspiration flowed through while making straight lines. I thought about Tetris which in fact was created by Alexey Pajitnov on June 6, 1984.
The title for this doodle should have been "Rotate my Tetrimino" but according to Wikipedia, a tetrimino, also called a tetramino or tetromino, is a geometric shape composed of four squares connected orthogonally. Thus, it can't be named as such.
I had fun making this doodle because as far as I know, this is my first time to incorporate straight lines. I'm not into this but I needed to make my doodle look more game-like. Still, I want my work to reflect my personality so I didn't use a ruler to create the inner rectangles :p

3 comments:
This is just neat! Keep it up sir! :D
Yes. This is by far my favorite entry for the June calendar competition on Doodler's Anonymous. I love it!
@Khim, thanks for the support :)
@Maria, thank you for loving it Maria :)
Post a Comment