Quatrefoil
>> Sunday, August 26, 2012
Quatrefoil is now my official entry for VectorXVexel Philippines Alphabet Collaboration where participating members have to choose a letter from the English Alphabet, pick a word from it then shape it to the letter chosen. I have chosen B with the word Bumbershoot before but issues arise so I opted for another letter, Q, to challenge myself :)
My logophile side began to kick-in when I discovered a bunch of awesome Q words such as Quadratura, Qualtagh, Quoit, Quiff, Quincunx, Quasar, Quirt, and Quiche to name a few lol. In the end, I decided to go with Quatrefoil which is a decorative framework with four overlapping circles usually seen in architecture - Christian churches.
Quatrefoil
I kept the illustration simple and neat to let our eyes focus on the shape of the Quatrefoil and create space for the tail of the letter Q. And voila! A masterpiece :)

2 comments:
Wow! I love the theme of your blog very minimalist and elegant :)
nice choice of colors. pati yung bumbershoot. i've always wanted an opportunity to use that word. gasgas na kasi ang term na payong LOL.
Post a Comment